Touch Yarns Hand-Painted Possum Silk Merino 8ply
Beautiful, soft, 8ply yarn in a range of hand-dyed colours so stunning you'll want all of them! The knitted up soft and silky fabric is incredibly warm and has the subtle "bloom" that is characteristic of possum fur. This bloom tends to intensify with successive washes.Hand-dyed skeins
Because they are hand-dyed, every skein is slightly different and therefore unique. Hand-dyeing is not an exact science and although every effort is made to recreate the same effects, your skeins may not look the same as the picture shown here. Any variations in the dye are not faults, they only add to the charm and individuality of each skein.
Touch Yarns recommends alternating skeins every second row if your garment requires more than one skein to achieve an even spread of colour variation.
If you want an excuse to get one of these lovely skeins, we've found a couple of pretty good ones! Check out these Ravelry patterns, Diagonals Shawl P134 by Iris Schreier or Winglets Shawl by Liz Capik.
- Fibre: NZ Merino Wool 50%, NZ Possum Fur 30%, Silk 20%
- Weight: 100gm skein
- Gauge: as specified by pattern
- Recommended needles: 3.75mm-4mm - always do a swatch prior to beginning your project.
- Meterage: Approx 420mts / 459yds
- Care: Hand wash in warm water; dry flat, away from direct sunlight.
- Country of origin: New Zealand