Nevalea 8ply Alpaca Yarn
This gorgeous NZ 8ply Alpaca yarn is a premium quality product.
It knits up into a stunning fabric with lovely softness and drape. The great stitch definition means you'll see all the detail whether your pattern of choice is plain, lacy, cabled, fair isle or intarsia.
Nevalea's tagline is "Be spoilt by choice", and with so many beautiful shades in their range, we certainly are! As well as their natural shades, the lovely strong, saturated dyed colours are obtained by using black fibre as a base, while the more bright shades start with natural white fibre.
Shades shown may differ from the actual shade due to screen resolution, etc.
Recommended patterns - Nevalea says their 8ply Alpaca yarn is suitable for use with most 8ply DK patterns, especially those gorgeous vintage ones. Just make sure you gauge swatch your project first before you start.
- Fibre: 95% NZ Premium Baby Alpaca and 5% Premium Merino
- Weight: 50g
- Gauge: As recommended by pattern - remember to complete a tension gauge swatch prior to starting your project and adjust needle size as needed.
- Recommended needles: 3.25mm-4mm
- Meterage: Approx 111 mts/121 yds
- Care: Handwash and rinse in warm water. Spin to remove excess water. Dry flat. Press using a steam iron on wool setting. May be dry-cleaned.
- Country of origin: 100% NZ grown
Did you know...
Alpaca knitwear has some great advantages,
- There is no lanolin in alpaca fibre making it hypo-allergenic, perfect for sensitive skin.
- Alpaca fibre is a natural insulator, making it one of the warmest weatherproof fibres on the market. (30% warmer than sheep’s wool)
- It also allows for breathability in warmer climates and can be extremely lightweight. This multi-functionality makes alpaca fibre products perfect for every climate.
- Alpaca fibre is strong and durable, which is why it resists stretching and keeps its original shape more easily than other fibres.